What you'll learn: Learn how to develop a 2D multiplayer game using PyGame Learn about solving equation of motions using software Learn the basics about game design Improve the performance of collision algorithms using quad-trees
Requirements No programming experience is needed.
Description Learn the fundamentals to build a 2d multiplayer game with PyGame and increase the performance employing a quad-tree collision checking algorithm.
- We will learn how to solve the equation of motions, physics and geometry problems in Python
- We will setup a Python environment on your machine to work with PyGame (virtual environment or using local libraries)
- We will code the game from scratch using Python 3
- We will work during the whole game development using version control with Git and the full code version will be uploaded to GitHub, you will have also the possibility to push your code version to GitHub and propose improvements.
- To amplify the game performance we are going to explain how the quad-trees data structure works and we are going to implement a collision check algorithm
- We will measure the performance of a naive collision checking algorithm and we will compare it with the quad-tree version
Enjoy the course and ask any question you have. I will do my best to answer and come back to you in less than 24 h. Also publish your code on GitHub since it will serve you to show to future employers that you know the basics about game designing and how to potentiate the usage of quad-tree algorithms.
Who this course is for: Python beginners and those who want to learn about high efficient collision check algorithms